Scan, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless networks.
WiFi Explorer is a wireless networks scanner tool to quickly identify channel conflicts, signal overlapping or configuration problems that may be affecting the connectivity and performance of your home or office wireless network.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
- Graphical visualization of the wifi environment
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks
- Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands as well as 20, 40, 80 and 160 MHz channels
- Signal quality estimations based on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Accurate conversion from dBm to percentage (%) for easier analysis and optimization
- Device name discovery of access points (if available)
- Selectable and sortable columns
- Customizable colors for easily tracking particular networks (10.7 or above)
- Editable column for labels or annotations
- Save results for later review and analysis
- Export metrics and network details to CSV file format
- Full screen mode (10.7 or above)
- Comprehensive help
- Runs in Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks
To learn more about how to use WiFi Explorer, read Troubleshooting wireless networks with WiFi Explorer.